Friday, January 31, 2014

I'm loving angels instead.....

So,
the work is progressing, I am as well learning to be with the ending of the life of my father, together with my brothers. We spent the last three days with him in his hospice in Miami, we slept in the room (a total ridiculously cramped snore fest) my brothers played scrabble, we sang to my dad, played endless John Denver (take me home, country roads, to a place, where I belong....) stroked his forehead, kissed him, and told him how much he was loved and what a wonderful legacy he had created. Sometimes we laughed pretty hard, which was a sort of funny way to be in a room of a man who lay dying. We whispered when we said some inappropriate things because we knew he was hearing us. Early on, I was crying and talking to my dad and I said "it's so hard now dad, huh?" and he leaned foreward and gasped out "yes."
We tried to tell him to go in peace. "Go in peace, dad, we're okay, we're taken care of."

There was so much love there.

He is still breathing, 3 days after the breathing tube was removed.

I wanted to share a youtube lecture with you:  Art as Therapy by Alain de Botton. http://youtu.be/qFnNgTSkHPM

take a listen. We are not alone. We share a wonderful commonality with eachother and the artists who are making beautiful work for us to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment